Timothy Bradley Jr.: Fight Blog 203/25/2014
Bradley - Talk about the frustration of winning the biggest fight of your life (first fight against Pacquiao) and not getting the recognition that goes with that.
“Well as many know the first Pacquiao fight I was just supposed to be another opponent for the great Manny Pacquiao. Not many people gave me a chance to come out victorious especially not after the type of winning streak that he had been on. His previous seven fights Pacquiao had beaten and or destroyed Juan Manuel Marquez, Sugar Shane Mosley, Antonio Margarito, Joshua Clottey, Miguel Cotto, Ricky Hatton and Oscar de la Hoya.
“No one thought I had what it took to beat Manny Pacquiao. So when I did edge out the decision I never got the credit I deserved. I busted my butt in training camp as I always do for any fight but this was the biggest fight in my career so I pushed that much harder to prove to the world that I could beat Manny Pacquiao.
“When the decision was announced that I had done enough to beat Manny no one could believe what had happened -- and hardly anyone knew the physical conditions that I had gone through during the fight.
“Beating Pacquiao was supposed to be the turning point in who Timothy Bradley really is but instead it became a very dark point and time in my life. The boos turned into hatred and then hatred turned into death threats. I felt I had done enough to beat Paquiao but everyone was out to prove that I hadn't.
“This was supposed to be my night but instead it turned into a night where an icon not only lost but was also "robbed" by me. Everyone sat there in shocked without realizing that I had just done what I set myself to do. No one stopped for a second and acknowledge my accomplishment.
“Although I am certain I won the fight it is now time to once again show the world who Timothy Bradley really is. On April 12 we will settle for once and for all the uncertainty of boxing followers and those of the fans.
“This is my chance at redemption and I promise I will make the most of it.”
24/7 Pacquiao/Bradley 2 premieres Saturday, March 29 at Midnight ET/PT on HBO. Show 2 debuts Saturday, April 5 at 11:30 p.m. ET/PT and show 3 debuts Thursday, April 10 at 8:30 p.m. ET/PT two nights before the high stakes welterweight title bout.
Pacquiao vs. Bradley 2 takes place Sat., April 12 live on pay-per-view beginning at 9:00 p.m. ET/6:00 p.m. PT.
- ›› Crawford vs. Gamboa (3)
- ›› Champions of Gold (5)
- ›› Rios vs. Chaves (6)
- ›› Solo Boxeo (100)
- ›› Español (162)
- ›› Fan Zone (173)
- ›› No Category (616)
- ›› Promotions (48)
- ›› Bob Arum (3)
- ›› Felix Verdejo (11)
- ›› Freddie Roach (1)
- ›› Gilberto Ramirez (1)
- ›› Jessie Vargas (4)
- ›› Jose Ramirez (4)
- ›› Juan Manuel Lopez (3)
- ›› Manny Pacquiao (2)
- ›› Mikey Garcia (2)
- ›› Nonito Donaire (1)
- ›› Oscar Valdez (9)
- ›› Zou Shiming (11)
- ›› Tapia vs. Collins (2)
- ›› Cotto vs. Martinez (15)
- ›› Vetyeka vs. Donaire (3)
- ›› Marquez vs. Alvarado (4)
- ›› Pacquiao vs Bradley (34)
- ›› Chavez vs. Vera (17)
- ›› Ring of Gold (1)
- ›› Rigondeaux vs. Agbeko (4)
- ›› Pacquiao vs. Rios (17)
- ›› Martinez vs. Garcia (5)
- ›› Alvarado vs. Provodnikov (5)
- ›› Bradley vs. Marquez (17)
- ›› Cotto vs. Rodriguez (9)
- ›› Fists of Gold II -- Shiming vs. Ortega (5)
- ›› Garcia vs. Lopez (10)
- ›› Donaire vs. Rigondeaux (6)
- ›› Fists of Gold - Shiming vs Valenzuela (2)
- ›› Rios vs. Alvarado II (7)
- ›› Garcia vs. Burgos (8)
- ›› Bradley vs Provodnikov (12)
- ›› Donaire vs. Arce (10)
- ›› Salido vs Garcia (6)
- ›› Pacquiao vs Marquez (39)
- ›› Martirosyan vs Lara / Garcia vs Barros (3)
- ›› Donaire vs. Nishioka / Rios vs Alvarado (10)
- ›› Vázquez Jr vs Oquendo - (5)
- ›› Chavez Jr. vs. Martinez (25)
- ›› Chavez Jr vs Lee (3)
- ›› Soto Karass vs El Harrak (1)
- ›› Donaire & Pavlik Double Header (4)
- ›› Marquez and Rios Doubleheader (2)
- ›› Pavlik vs Sigmon (2)
- ›› Cotto vs Margarito (1)
- ›› Rios vs Murray (1)