Marquez & Bradley to Stage Open Workouts11/03/2011
WORLD CHAMPION BOXERS
JUAN MANUEL MÁRQUEZ & TIMOTHY BRADLEY
PUBLIC BREEDERS' CUP WORKOUTS
THIS SATURDAY! NOV. 5 at SANTA ANITA PARK
Bradley at 12:15 p.m. / Márquez at 1:30 p.m.
MÁRQUEZ SET TO FIGHT PACQUIAO NOV. 12 IN LAS VEGAS;
UNDEFEATED BRADLEY TO DEFEND TITLE ON UNDERCARD
ARCADIA, Calif. (Nov. 3, 2011) - Méxican icon and three-division world champion JUAN MANUEL MÁRQUEZ and the Pride of Palm Springs and undefeated WBO junior welterweight champion TIMOTHY BRADLEY. JR. will conduct public/media workouts at Santa Anita Park on Breeders' Cup Classic Day, This Saturday! November 5. Presented by Santa Anita Park and Top Rank, the workouts will take place in a track-side ring on Santa Anita's apron adjoining the winner's circle between races, beginning with Bradley at 12:15 p.m. PT, followed by Márquez at 1:30 p.m. PT. Interviews will take place before the workouts.
Marquez (53-5-1, 39 KOs) will be challenging WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao (53-3-2, 38 KOs), on November 12 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nev. Bradley (27-0, 11 KOs), will defend his title against two-division world champion Joel Casamayor (38-5-1, 22 KOs), of Cuba. Pacquiao-Márquez III will be produced and distributed live by HBO Pay-Per-View® beginning at 9:00 p.m. ET / 6:00 p.m. PT.
Admission to the boxing workouts will be free, with paid admission. Santa Anita's admission gates will open early at 8 a.m. First live race post time is 10:20 a.m., and the first televised Breeders' Cup race from Churchill Downs is scheduled for 12:05 p.m.
Top Rank will provide 10,000 Pacquiao-Marquez III posters, free of charge at Santa Anita on a first-come, first-served basis, and Santa Anita will conduct a drawing for two tickets to Pacquiao-Marquez III in Las Vegas.
"This is great news for Santa Anita and boxing fans throughout Southern California," said Greg Avioli, the CEO of Stronach Group, which owns Santa Anita."We want to sincerely thank Bob Arum and his team at Top Rank for helping to make this happen. Bob is going to charter a plane to fly Marquez in from Mexico City on the morning of this event, and he's been very supportive of the whole promotion. The fight has been completely sold out at the MGM for some time now, so to be able to raffle off two tickets is fantastic.
"We will continue to be forward-thinking with regard to our marketing strategy, and we're going to continue to aggressively pursue new markets and customers.
"Marquez is very well known in this area, and we think there's going to be a lot of interest in seeing both him and Bradley working out, inside the ropes, on the grandstand apron.
"I know our jockeys are excited about meeting both of these guys and they're going to be able to use the Jockeys' Room as their own dressing room. A lot of fight fans are horse racing fans and vice versa, and it should be a lot of fun."
For weekly fight updates and pay per view information, log onto www.toprank.com.
The Breeders' Cup World Championships return to Santa Anita in 2012. For more information on Santa Anita's Autumn Meet or to make dining or seating reservations, fans are encouraged to visit www.santaanita.com, or to call (626) 574-RACE. Santa Anita's 24-day Autumn Meet will conclude Nov. 6.
- ›› Crawford vs. Jean - Junior Welterweight World Championship (4)
- ›› Victory at the Venetian (2)
- ›› Championship Doubleheader Featuring Walters & Verdejo (8)
- ›› Bradley vs. Vargas - Welterweight Clash (8)
- ›› "MetroPCS Friday Night Knockout" on truTV (15)
- ›› Solo Boxeo (171)
- ›› Español (162)
- ›› Fan Zone (173)
- ›› No Category (616)
- ›› Promotions (76)
- ›› Bob Arum (3)
- ›› Felix Verdejo (15)
- ›› Freddie Roach (1)
- ›› Gilberto Ramirez (1)
- ›› Jessie Vargas (4)
- ›› Jose Ramirez (6)
- ›› Juan Manuel Lopez (3)
- ›› Manny Pacquiao (2)
- ›› Mikey Garcia (2)
- ›› Mike Jones (1)
- ›› Nonito Donaire (3)
- ›› Oscar Valdez (9)
- ›› Zou Shiming (11)
- ›› Mayweather vs. Pacquiao - Welterweight Championship (10)
- ›› Crawford vs. Dulorme - Jr Welterweight World Title (4)
- ›› Zou vs. Ruenroeng - World Flyweight Championship (2)
- ›› Alvarado vs. Rios 3 - Welterweight Championship (6)
- ›› Bradley vs. Chaves - Welterweights (2)
- ›› Crawford vs. Beltran (4)
- ›› Pacquiao vs. Algieri (22)
- ›› Featuring Gilberto Ramirez & Oscar Valdez (2)
- ›› Rios vs. Chaves (6)
- ›› Crawford vs. Gamboa (3)
- ›› Tapia vs. Collins (2)
- ›› Cotto vs. Martinez (15)
- ›› Vetyeka vs. Donaire (3)
- ›› Marquez vs. Alvarado (4)
- ›› Pacquiao vs Bradley (34)
- ›› Fists of Gold - Shiming vs Valenzuela (2)
- ›› Chavez vs. Vera (17)
- ›› Champions of Gold (5)
- ›› Rigondeaux vs. Agbeko (4)
- ›› Pacquiao vs. Rios (17)
- ›› Martinez vs. Garcia (5)
- ›› Alvarado vs. Provodnikov (5)
- ›› Bradley vs. Marquez (17)
- ›› Cotto vs. Rodriguez (9)
- ›› Ring of Gold (1)
- ›› Garcia vs. Lopez (10)
- ›› Donaire vs. Rigondeaux (6)
- ›› Fists of Gold II -- Shiming vs. Ortega (5)
- ›› Rios vs. Alvarado II (7)
- ›› Garcia vs. Burgos (8)
- ›› Bradley vs Provodnikov (12)
- ›› Pacquiao vs Marquez (39)
- ›› Donaire vs. Arce (10)
- ›› Salido vs Garcia (6)
- ›› Chavez Jr. vs. Martinez (25)
- ›› Martirosyan vs Lara / Garcia vs Barros (3)
- ›› Donaire vs. Nishioka / Rios vs Alvarado (10)
- ›› Vázquez Jr vs Oquendo - (5)
- ›› Chavez Jr vs Lee (3)
- ›› Soto Karass vs El Harrak (1)
- ›› Donaire & Pavlik Double Header (4)
- ›› Marquez and Rios Doubleheader (2)
- ›› Pavlik vs Sigmon (2)
- ›› Cotto vs Margarito (1)
- ›› Rios vs Murray (1)