Tuesday, March 14th 2023
THURSDAY: Jean Pascal-Michael Eifert Light Heavyweight Title Eliminator to Stream LIVE and Exclusively in the U.S. on ESPN+
Streaming action from Canada begins at 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT
Pascal-Eifert and undercard bouts will stream live and exclusively in the U.S. on ESPN+ starting at 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT. This event is promoted by DiBella Entertainment, in association with Groupe Yvon Michel and Jean Pascal Promotions, and in collaboration with Blanko Sports and SES Sports Events GmbH.
Pascal (36-6-1, 20 KOs) captured his first world title in 2009 when he defeated Adrian Diaconu for the WBC championship. He made three defenses, including a stoppage win over Chad Dawson in 2010. Pascal lost the title to Bernard Hopkins the following year, but he remained a force in the division with wins against Lucian Bute, Yunieski Gonzalez, Marcus Browne and Badou Jack, in addition to tough battles with Sergey Kovalev, Eleider Alvarez and Dmitry Bivol. The 40-year-old is coming off a decision win over then-undefeated Fanlong Meng. Eifert (11-1, 4 KOs) debuted in 2018 and suffered one setback via majority decision against Tom Dzemski in 2020. He is 5-0 since his lone defeat, including a decision win over Dzemski in their July 2021 rematch.
In other streaming action from Canada:
- Junior welterweight Mathieu Germain (21-2-1, 9 KOs) looks to build off a three-fight win streak in a 10-rounder against fellow Canadian Steven Wilcox (24-3-1, 7 KOs). Last June, the 33-year-old shut out then-unbeaten prospect Misael Cabrera Urias.
- Italian welterweight standout Yoel Angeloni (1-0) looks to make it 2-0 against Alexander Calixto (1-1, 1 KO) in a four-rounder.
- Irish light heavyweight Joseph Ward (8-1, 4 KOs) returns in an eight-round bout against undefeated Mexican prospect Mario Andrade Rodriguez (7-0, 4 KOs). Ward is coming off a decision win against Fred Julan last December.
- Former world title challenger Jessica Camara (10-3, 2 KOs) faces Karla Ramos Zamora (9-9-1, 2 KOs) in a 10-rounder for the IBF International junior welterweight title. Camara lost in a bid for the unified junior welterweight crown in November 2021, but the 34-year-old is coming off two stoppage wins last year.
- Caroline Veyre (2-0) and Anaelle Angerville (5-1-1) will collide in a featherweight clash scheduled for six rounds.
- Undefeated bantamweight Amanda Galle (7-0-1, 1 KO) will take on Mexico’s Lorena Cruz Aispuro (4-2) in an eight-round clash.